Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The monster...that is to say my daughter.


I'm afraid there's a monster running amok at my
house! Of course she only pops up occasionally but
there nonetheless. See...above is the adorable Caitlin
we all know and love. Some of you may wonder, "why
in the world would her mother do such a thing to
that poor little girls' hair?" Now here is where the
monster comes into the story. Just a week ago I was
at choir practice and as I walk in the door I'm accosted
by all sorts of shouting and chaos. Quite normal I assure
you. One comment caught my ear however..."Honey, you
really need to keep the scissors up where the kids can't
reach them."HUH?!! Scissors?!!
That terrible little monster came into MY home
and terrorized poor Caitlin by cutting off her beautiful
golden locks 3 inches from her scalp! And on the Sabbath
no less!

I did what I could to tidy up the mess that was Caitlin's
hair. I also (surprisingly) managed to get a good shot
of the creature.

Now tell me that doesn't look like a mug shot!!
Hopefully we've seen the last of her!

5 comments:

Kami said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I'll bet you were sick when you saw her. Well, she's still a beautiful little girl anyway. Mercedes stuck a huge wad of gum in her hair the other day and I thought I was going to have to cut it out. Luckily, she only lost a couple locks of hair, but I was really panicked. Oh well, it will grow!

{Marie Long} said...

What a little punk! I can't believe she did that! I know you are probably more upset than she is about cutting the locks.

A Pendley said...

Why do little girls do this???? Both of my girls have cut their hair now! I am not sure that there is any hiding place for scissors in my house. My kids ALWAYS find them.

Amber said...

She's so darling! Especially with short hair. You did a great job!

Calley said...

Curse her! :) At least she's cute no matter what hair length, right?? Whereas I, however, couldn't pull it off!