Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Six years of fun....and a little drama


My baby is not a baby anymore! Yesterday was
number six for Evelyn. I can't believe how quickly
this little girl of mine has grown up!! It amazes me
really.

Ev has had quite a year. She's been in kindergarten
a whole 5 months now! She's learned how to tie her
shoes, read small words, count to 100, cross her eyes,
and write words by sounding them out (like "sata clos"
aka: Santa Claus) She also has got to be one of the most
thoughtful little girls I've ever known. She's always doing
something for someone. Just this morning she gave
Spencer the blue cup instead of choosing it for herself.
Yah, maybe that doesn't sound like a big deal but when
you're 6 and your favorite color is blue it sort of is. I know
I'm bragging on her a bit but I'm just so darn proud of that
girl and I'm so grateful that I get to have her!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

cindy said...

Happy birthday Evelyn! She was my favorite girl in all of Wymount you know. OHhh how we miss you guys and your hilarious kids. Thank goodness for blogs. Happy birthday!

PennStateMama said...

What a cutie! Maybe we could arrange a cousin swap... I could use someone who is thoughtful around here :) At our house, most disputes over color of cup end up with someone getting hurt.

xanghe said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Yours looks great, too! I always read yours from my blog reader so I don't see the design.

Tell Evelyn Happy Birthday from the sunny West Coast!

Sharon said...

I cannot believe that you have a six year old! That seriously doesn't seem possible. Here I am, trying to grasp the concept of having two kids!

Anyway, Evelyn is so beautiful and smart and thoughtful and I love reading all about her on your blog! Happy Birthday Evelyn!

Kami said...

Whoops! Sorry I forgot to invite you! Thanks for telling me. I wonder how many other people I have accidentally excluded. Anyhoo, I just sent you an invite. Happy Birthday Evelyn!

Kami said...

I forgot to ask you if you could e-mail me your address so I can add you to my list for Christmas cards. I know you're super busy, but if you get around to it that would be great. Thanks!

{Marie Long} said...

Wow! that girl is all grown up. We miss her. Hey I have that dress she is wearing in her baby picture. :)

The Turnarounds said...

What a cute little girl Evelyn has grown to be! Thanks for you comment earlier.
I was wondering if I could get the diagnosis that was given when Evelyn was born. I'm getting a list of kidney diagnosis' in the family for the specialist to give to the Genetisist. Thanks!