Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Dad the Army Man

Dad with his baby hat

This past week I had the pleasure of seeing
my dad one last time before his deployment.
It turned out to be kind of a mommy break
for myself as well. Just me and Madeline!
Poor James had his hands full with the
other babies but I think he did rather well.

Anyway back to my dad...When I was
younger I have to admit I didn't have a
really great relationship with my dad.
I loved him of course but he was gone quite
a bit with school and work and drill. Looking
back though, I have to say that I don't know
anyone who worker harder than my dad.
Clear up until I was in jr. high, he worked full
time and went to school part time so that he
could provide for us kids. I know now that he
did the best he could and sacrificed a lot!

Now he's off to serve his country for the
third time. However this will be his first
time over in Iraq. I'm so proud of him!!
He is a wonderful wonderful man and I'm
so glad that he's my daddy. Good luck dad
and God be with you.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I love your family! Good luck to your dad, we will keep him and your family in our prayers! I'm glad you got a little trip to visit them with just the baby! I'm sure that was some much-needed one-on-one time with her! Neat!

Aubrey said...

Good luck and God bless your dad! What a great man, and a brave warrior for serving our country! Tell him thank you for his service; I appreciate his sacrifice for us all, and I wear red every Friday to show my support for the troops! I'll pray daily for his safe return to your wonderful mom and family.